Here are some of our favourite dinners happening throughout the province.
1. Meet the Makers: A Winery Long Table DinnerSeptember 9th, Blue Mountains Set in the middle of Georgian Hills Vineyards, this intimate gathering will have you sipping on cold-climate vintages while you talk to the winemakers themselves about their craft.
2. Langdon Hall Harvest DinnerSeptember 14th, Cambridge Begin your evening with a signature cocktail while you stroll through the vegetable garden and enjoy canapés amongst the harvest. Join the long harvest table under the Summer House as Chef Jason Bangerter presents an elegant meal inspired by the local bounty and exquisite wines handpicked for the evening.
3. Pelee Island Harvest DinnerSeptember 15th, Pelee Island An end of season banquet held at Pelee Island Winery, with Island Pie for dessert. What exactly is Island Pie you ask? You’ll just have to find out for yourself at this harvest dinner.
5. Durham College Harvest DinnerSeptember 20th, Durham Region Treat yourself to a night at the W. Galen Weston Centre for Food’s (CFF) exclusive Harvest Dinner with a menu featuring fresh food grown and harvested by students in Durham College’s (DC) food and farming programs, cooked by students in the college’s culinary programs, and served by students studying in hospitality and events programs.
6. Brew Master DinnerSeptember 21st, Algonquin Bartlett Lodge will be partnering with Sam Corbeil, Head Brewer and co-founder of Sawdust City Brewery for an evening of local plates paired with a wide variety of brews.
7. Harvest Table DinnerSeptember 22nd, Peterborough & The Kawarthas This is an event that is not to be missed as The Tres Hombres Chefs will be the ones preparing your dinner while you enjoy live music and sip on cold beverages provided by local breweries, Smithhaven, Publican House as well as featured wineries Rosehall Run and Rolling Grape.
8. Harvest Noir, Farm-to-Table PicnicSeptember 22nd, Ottawa This pop-up event happens in three parts; first you show up to the farm-to-table chic picnic, then you enjoy the epic Celebration of Light, finally you bring the night to a close with a dance party at a secret location. Throughout the evening you will also find beatboxing cellists, a fashion show, a swing dance floor, 2 DJ dance floors, and a bike ride fundraiser… there is literally something for everyone. HINT: The dress code is: All black. Be bold.
9. Full Harvest Moon SupperSeptember 24th, Kawartha Lakes South Pond Farms will host a magical evening while you enjoy dinner served al fresco, under the stars with a bonfire. The menu is inspired by the seasonal abundance familiar to the Kawartha Lakes region.
London Celebrate International Chefs Day at Fanshawe College, while students enrolled in their one-of-a-kind Artisinal Culinary Arts graduate program prepare several courses for you to enjoy.