About the Program
Feast On® is a certification program that recognizes businesses committed to sourcing Ontario grown and made food and drink.
Feast On® operates as a social enterprise managed by the Culinary Tourism Alliance with the goal to increase access and awareness of quality local products for those who offer consumers a certified taste of Ontario.
We make it easy for travelers and locals alike to identify restaurants and experiences that showcase Ontario grown and made ingredients. Through our programming, we connect chefs directly to farmers to support the development of sustainable local sourcing systems. As a result, the program acts as a pan-provincial platform from which chefs, farmers and diners can share Ontario's local food identity.
Start by exploring the list of certified Feast On® Restaurants, then share your experience with #FeastOn.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The average menu at a Feast On Certified restaurant consists of 54% Ontario grown food.
- In 2019, the average spend on Ontario food by a Certified restaurant was over $193,000.
- There are currently over 150 actively Certified restaurants in Ontario!
Certified restaurants reported over
in Ontario food purchases last year
That's an increased spend of over
in Ontario food purchases over last year
It's thanks to our team making
direct introductions between partners
As a Feast On® Certified business, I commit to:
- Procure Ontario food and drink whenever possible
- Identify the provenance of Ontario food and drink on the menu
- Track and trace Ontario food and drink purchases
- Develop Ontario’s culinary identity by championing local, seasonal products
- Educate the public about Ontario food and drink
Interested restaurants must first agree to the manifesto. Applicants will then be asked to provide proof that their procurement practices match the following standards:
- 25% of total annual food receipts reflect Ontario food purchases.
- 25% of total annual beverage receipts reflect Ontario beverage purchases.
LOCAL FOOD ISN'T JUST ABOUT THE LOCAL CHEFS.
That's why we have Feast On ® program Purveyors and Partners.
Feast On® Purveyors are the growers, producers, suppliers and distributors working towards putting more local food on local plates. From inland shrimp farming to fermented honey products, they’re the backbone of Ontario’s regional food communities. They’re building our food culture and creating new opportunities for the agriculture and hospitality industries to work together, everyday.
Feast On ® Partners are organizations who support Ontario farmers and producers by providing a conduit to Ontario products, and education to increase consumer appetite for local products in the foodservice, hospitality and tourism industries.