About the program
Feast On™ is a certification program that recognizes businesses committed to sourcing Ontario grown and made food and drink.
Supporting our local economy and Ontario’s farmers is important; especially for the food service industry. It builds our local food identity, it puts dollars back into our communities and it limits our environmental impact. A Feast On™ certification proves you’re fighting the good fight. It lets your customer know that by choosing your restaurant, they’re supporting our food system too.
As a Feast On™ Certified business, I commit to:
● Procure Ontario food and drink whenever possible
● Identify the provenance of Ontario food and drink on the menu
● Track and trace Ontario food and drink purchases
● Develop Ontario’s culinary identity by championing local, seasonal products
● Educate the public about Ontario food and drink and bring awareness to its strong agricultural sectors
Interested restaurants must first agree to the manifesto and then provide proof that procurement practices match the following standards:
● 25% of total annual food receipts reflect Ontario food purchases.● 25% of total annual beverage receipts reflect Ontario beverage purchases.Applications are encouraged to be supported by proof of:PARTNERSHIP. Active membership or participation in a complementary designation program at the local, regional, provincial, or national level.PARTICIPATION. Identification or record of involvement, support, or activity.
Once an application is completed, the following processes take place:VERIFICATION. The information collected during the visitation is verified by the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance and the applicant is notified of the status of their application.ACTIVATION. Successful applicants receive a conditional designation and invitation to activate it online. Once activated, designees immediately begin to receive program benefits.CERTIFICATION. Successful restaurants become a Certified Taste of Ontario, and receive an official Feast On Certified Taste Spoon or window decal and Certificate, to hang in-house.