Terms & Conditions
Feast On Gift Vouchers
These Feast On Open Loop Voucher User Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions“) govern the use of CTA Feast On vouchers (the “Vouchers”) provided by the Culinary Tourism Alliance (“CTA”) through its Feast On Voucher Program (“Voucher Program”). Vouchers are offered by CTA from time to time for purchase, which can be redeemed by the person who purchased the Voucher and/or the person who uses the Voucher (the “User” or “you”) for products and services at participating Feast On Certified Restaurants (“Participating Restaurants”), unless otherwise indicated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Use. Vouchers are issued for purchase by Users in increments of $25 and are redeemable in person at participating Feast On restaurants. Users must identify that they will be using Vouchers and show the confirmation email / unique numeric identifier code in order to use the Voucher. The full value of the Voucher will be applied to the total amount of your purchases at Participating Restaurants, including HST and any other applicable taxes.
- Remainder. Any unused portion of the Voucher cannot be applied towards future in-store purchases. Once a Voucher is used, the remaining amount is forfeit if it is not used in its entirety – Vouchers do not carry a balance other than the total amount.
- Expiry and Service Fees. Vouchers do not expire, and there are no service fees associated with the Vouchers.
- Unique Numeric Identifier Code. Once the unique numeric identifier code (“Code”) on the Voucher is used, the Voucher will not be able to be processed again. CTA advises Users to protect the security of the Voucher. If the Voucher is lost, stolen, or used without authorization, it cannot be replaced.
- Refunds and Redemption. Voucher purchases are final. Vouchers cannot be refunded, replaced, or redeemed for cash, except as required by law.
- Maximum. Vouchers can be combined to a maximum of $500 per participating location per day.
- Currency. Voucher value is in Canadian dollars.
- Amendment. CTA reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion, without notice. You agree to accept any changes as a condition of your maintaining or continuing to use the Vouchers. For updated terms and conditions, please visit ontarioculinary.com/terms-and-conditions.
- Gratuity / Tipping. The Voucher may not be used to provide a tip or gratuity – only the amount on account and any applicable taxes may be paid through the use of the Voucher.
- Existing Debt and Time of Payment. A Voucher may only be used for services rendered on the same day as the use of the Voucher. Vouchers may not be used to satisfy existing debts or prior obligations.
- Restrictions on Use. CTA has the right to hold, suspend, cancel, or refuse an order or the use of a Voucher if CTA believes that the transaction is within this Agreement or that it for a fraudulent, illegal, or criminal purpose. If your Voucher is affected by any such action by CTA, you will be notified via the email address provided when the Voucher was purchased. CTA is not responsible for Vouchers that are not delivered due to inaccurate information provided by the User. Vouchers cannot be used in a manner that is indecent or illegal, or negatively impacts CTA or Feast On participants, their brands, reputation or goodwill.
- Representations and Warrantees. By purchasing a Voucher, you represent and warrant the following:
- You acknowledge that your name, email address, phone number, time and location of use, and other relevant information may be shared with third-party service providers and/or the Vouchers recipient in order for CTA or its third-party service providers to fulfill the Vouchers order and you give CTA or its third-party service providers the authority and consent to do so;
- You are responsible for the accuracy of all information that you provide to CTA;
- For Vouchers to be delivered to or used by any person other than yourself, you represent that you have a personal or family relationship with the Vouchers recipient as described in Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”), and you have the full and complete authority and consent of the Vouchers recipient to provide the recipient’s name and email address to CTA or its third-party service providers for the purposes of fulfilling an Vouchers order;
- You are not breaching any contract, duty or law or infringing anyone’s intellectual property, privacy or other legal rights by using a Voucher or participating in the Voucher Program.
- Forum / Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the Law of Ontario and all matters relating to or arising out of the purchase and/or use of the Vouchers. Any dispute relating in any way to a Voucher will be adjudicated by the courts of the Province of Ontario and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
- Limitation of Liability. CTA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OR FRAUD; ANY BREACH OR DEFAULT BY YOU OF THE OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; CTA’S FAILURE TO CARRY OUT ITS OBLIGATIONS IF THE FAILURE IS CAUSED BY A THIRD PARTY, A SYSTEM OR DATA PROCESSING FAILURE OR ANY OTHER ACT OR OMISSION OUTSIDE OF CTA’S CONTROL; AND ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES IRRESPECTIVE OF HOW THEY ARISE.
CTA MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE VOUCHERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF THERE IS ANY ISSUE WITH OR RELATED TO A VOUCHER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IF A VOUCHER CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL), YOUR SOLE REMEDY AND CTA’S SOLE LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH VOUCHERS.
- Indemnity. You shall indemnify and hold harmless CTA and its officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors or representatives from and against any and all third party charges, claims, losses, demands, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, causes of action or suits (collectively, “Losses”) incurred or suffered by CTA or its officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors or representatives to the extent resulting from your negligent act or omission, willful misconduct or fraud; and any breach or default, including without limitation, breach of a representation or warranty by you of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Feast On: A Certified Taste Of Ontario
Feast On is a criteria-based designation system designed to protect the authenticity of foodservice operators whose specific attributes qualify their commitment to Ontario food and beverages. By combining education and awareness with marketing and promotion, this program identifies for consumers champions of Ontario products while working towards the following objectives:
- Create and support Ontario’s culinary identity
- Increase the ease of buying and dining on Ontario food and beverages
- Celebrate champions in the foodservice industry sourcing Ontario products
- Bring further awareness to Ontario’s strong agricultural sectors, and
- Compliment and support the Foodland Ontario Program
As an applicant to Feast On you understand and commit to the following Manifesto:
- To procure Ontario food and drink whenever possible.
- To track and trace Ontario food and drink purchases as close to the point of origin as possible.
- To identify the provenance of Ontario food and drink on the menu.
- To develop Ontario’s culinary identity by celebrating regional tastes and championing local, seasonal ingredients.
- To educate the public about Ontario food and drink and to bring further awareness to its strong agricultural sectors.
As an applicant to Feast On you understand and agree that in order to both qualify for and participate in the program you are required to meet and maintain a minimum combination of the below criteria.
- 25% of total annual food receipts reflect Ontario food purchases.
- 25% of total annual beverage receipts reflect Ontario beverage purchases
(or 25 Ontario beverages on offer at any given time).
Note: if you are an unlicensed business you DO NOT need to meet the beverage requirement.
Active membership to or participation in a complementary designation or recognition program (at the local, regional, or national level) that showcases Ontario food and beverages, its agricultural sectors, and/or best practices in the industry.
Identification or record of involvement, support, or activity as it relates to community-based initiatives, culinary experiences, and/or innovative and creative ways of building awareness around Ontario food and beverage.
You can only apply online to the Feast On program. The application process involves the following steps: completing the online application; committing to the Feast On manifesto; agreeing to these terms and conditions; and paying for the application fee: $350 + Processing + HST. After the final step you will receive confirmation of your application and access to Criteria Verification Templates (CVTs) to complete. You will not become activated in the program until the CVTs have been completed and verified by the Culinary Tourism Alliance. The CVTs can be posted to the address below, emailed to [email protected], or faxed to 1 416 792 4669:
Culinary Tourism Alliance
41 Britain St. Suite 303
Toronto ON M5A 1R7
You give the Culinary Tourism Alliance permission to verify the information included in your CVT package. An internal points-based matrix is used by the Culinary Tourism Alliance to determine if the information provided qualifies you for the Feast On program. The Culinary Tourism Alliance reserves the right to contact you, as well as the contacts listed in your CVTs, in order to verify the information provided and/or that a relationship exists.
Verifications are done on an annual basis for every restaurant who has applied to the program, and upon their renewal each year.
Once the verification process takes place CTA will notify you of the status of your application. Successful applicants will be awarded a conditional designation, which they are invited to activate online. There is no additional cost to activate once you have paid the application fee of $350 + Processing + HST. Once activated, you will immediately begin to receive program benefits, and opportunities to receive added value.
Unsuccessful applicants are provided with detailed information on why their application was not successful and invited to resubmit their CVTs at no cost within 4 months time of the notification.
Once you activate your conditional designation you will receive a hand-carved sugar maple Feast On spoon and Certified Taste of Ontario Certificate. These are designed to be displayed in-house and to provide you with additional recognition as a Certified Taste of Ontario.
After activating, you will be contacted by the Feast On Communications Coordinator to schedule a call during a time that is convenient for you in the following 2-3 weeks. The consultation call is an opportunity for the Communications Coordinator to discuss with you the types of photos and information we will use to market and promote you as a Feast On Certified Taste of Ontario.
During the length of the designation CTA will remain in contact with you to communicate new opportunities and information about the program.
Performance measurements are used to monitor pan-provincial, seasonal, and regional promotions related to this program. By agreeing to participate in Feast On you agree to provide the information required to evaluate and develop these promotions.
If at any point during the designation year it is brought to the attention of CTA that a designee is engaged in activities that are damaging to the Feast On program, CTA reserves the right to contact said designee to discuss the matter, and if need be revoke the designation.
Term and Renewal
Each Feast On designation is valid from the point of activation for a period of 12 months. You receive advance notice when your designation is near-expiry and available to be renewed. Updated CVTs must be completed every two years (i.e. on the second year of renewal). CTA will review with you the benefits accrued and added value received though the program during your last year. Your renewal year will not begin any earlier than the date you activated during the previous year.
As a Feast On Certified Taste you receive a pool of benefits, listed below. This list is not exhaustive and CTA may amend these at any time but will notify you in advance of any changes being made.
- Become part of a pan-provincial campaign to celebrate champions in the foodservice industry sourcing Ontario food and drink
- Exclusive profile of your business on the Feast On website: feaston.ontarioculinary.com
- Unique Feast On identifier and filter on both the Culinary Explorer map and itinerary-builder: explorer.ontarioculinary.com
- Official Feast On spoon and Certified Taste of Ontario Certificate to be displayed in-house
- Access to Feast On point-of-sale promotional materials
- Exclusive restaurant promotion through Feast On digital and social media channels and marketing campaigns
- Opportunity to participate in Feast On events and experiences
- Rights to use the Feast On logo on your website and in your marketing materials, in accordance with the Feast On Brand Identity Guidelines.
- 25% discount to attend the Ontario Culinary Tourism Summit
Invitation to participate in regional initiatives and industry events promoting Feast On as a best practice
- Benefit from Feast On marketing on partner websites and materials
Receive a Feast On monthly e-newsletter, packed with news, added value opportunities, trends and reports
Three unique fees are associated with the Feast On program. These reflect the abovementioned processes for application, activation and renewal, and are non-refundable. The fees are:
The Feast On website is comprised of various web pages operated by the Culinary Tourism Alliance.
The Feast On website is offered to each designee conditioned on acceptance without modification of these terms and conditions, and any notices contained herein. Participation in the Feast On program constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
Content and Intellectual Property
The intellectual property and content found on the Feast On website remain the sole property of CTA and may not be reproduced, duplicated, or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of OCTA.
Links to Third Parties
The Feast On website may contain links to other websites. These linked websites are not under the control of the Culinary Tourism Alliance and, as such, the Culinary Tourism Alliance is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, including without limitation any link contained within a linked website, or any changes or updates to a linked website. The Culinary Tourism Alliance is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked website. The Culinary Tourism Alliance provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Culinary Tourism Alliance of said site.
Ontariofresh.ca is a free marketing service, online network and product database created to expand the local Ontario food market for wholesale buyers and sellers. Ontariofresh.ca is a project of the Greenbelt Fund, a non-profit organization that supports and enhances agricultural and viticulture industries in Ontario and Ontario’s Greenbelt.
In agreement with the Greenbelt Fund, the Culinary Tourism Alliance will create an Ontariofresh.ca online network profile on behalf of each Feast On designee who is not already a member of Ontariofresh.ca. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you allow for the Culinary Tourism Alliance to use your business name, primary contact, and email provided in your application for this purpose. You will receive confirmation of this registration and a password to access and update your Ontariofresh.ca profile. The Feast On logo is featured in your profile and customers using the Ontariofresh.ca platform who enter Feast On in the search filter can find you.
OntarioTravel.net is Ontario’s official information site for travel, hotels, deals and offers.
In agreement with the OTMPC, the Culinary Tourism Alliance will create an OntarioTravel.net online network profile on behalf of each Feast On designee who is not already a member. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you allow for the Culinary Tourism Alliance to use your business name, primary contact, and email provided in your application for this purpose. You will receive confirmation of this registration and a password to access and update your OntarioTravel.net profile. The Feast On logo is featured in your profile and customers using the platform who enter Feast On, in the search filter can find you.
The information, software, products, and services included in or available through the Feast On website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein and the Culinary Tourism Alliance and/or its suppliers may make improvements and/or changes to the Feast On website at any time.
You agree to indemnify the Culinary Tourism Alliance, its officers, agents, partners and employees from any and all claims or damages, including reasonable lawyer’s fees, made by third parties due to, or arising out your connection to the Feast On website, violation of these terms and conditions, or any violation of the rights of another.
If you have a complaint about the information posted on this website or your Feast On profile please send an email providing all details regarding the complaint to [email protected].
7. Entire Terms and Conditions
The Culinary Tourism Alliance values the privacy of the personal information provided by you and shall only collect the personal information that is required to fulfill our obligations to you. We shall use and share personal information only for the purpose stated when it was provided to us by you, or with your agreement. We will store personal information securely to prevent unauthorized use. We will destroy personal information when we no longer need it.
You may, on request, have access to any personal information about you that we have. We will correct any errors in personal information that you bring to our attention.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you are giving permission to the Culinary Tourism Alliance to publicly display your business information on the Feast On website and in marketing and promotional materials, and acknowledge that your business information will be searchable via the Internet. This information includes but is not limited to the general business information provided in the application and content captured by CTA, as well as the information provided in the criteria verification templates; however the financial information associated with the CVTs is for internal use only by CTA and will not be shared publicly.
The Feast On logo is the most prominent visual representation of our brand and we want to make sure it is used in the right way. The right to use Feast On logos is exclusive to current Feast On designees, Feast On Program Partners and Feast On Preferred Purveyors. Unauthorized use of the Feast On logo and content may be susceptible to legal action. Changes to the logo are not permitted, including altering the wording, color, shape or alignment unless permission is providing through the prior written consent of the Culinary Tourism Alliance.
These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change, addition, or deletion at any time. You will be notified of any such changes and they will be posted in these terms and conditions page. The Culinary Tourism Alliance reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the Feast On program is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the program and its benefits. If you consider any future amendments made to these terms and conditions to be unacceptable, you can cancel your designation at any time.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions you can reach us at [email protected]
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US. ANY FAILURE ON YOUR PART TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY LEAD TO THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR DESIGNATION AND ITS RELATED BENEFITS.