Known as ?Canada�s Southern-most town?, Kingsville is the perfect spot to escape to for a weekend — especially come summertime. You�ll definitely feel the warm hospitality, but it’s the sunshine and many beaches that have us planning our road trips!
- Since you’re staying the weekend, you�ll want to check in at Inn 31, Kingsville�s premier Boutique Inn. If you’re anything like us, after dettling in you’re already thinking about your next meal. Luckily, the inn has an amazing and Feast ON certified restaurant, Jack�s Gastropub. Recommending a dish is tough for us as everything is good! From their Jack�s Burgers to pork belly perogies, and their signature dish, Lake Erie perch and chips, you won�t be disappointed in your choice!
- Kingsville is rich in Victorian architecture and Canadian history. If you want to do more than stroll the town to take it in, stop by the Canadian Transportation Museum & Heritage Village. You�ll see many rare and antique vehicles, but also some heritage buildings that shows Windsor and Essex County�s history.
- Just a short drive from Kingsville, visit Harrow and explore the breath taking John R. Park Homestead Conservation Area. You can relive the 1850s lifestyle by viewing the Classical Revival home that was built in 1842 and observing the blacksmith shop and how they make small hardware. Love maple syrup? This conversation area hosts an annual Maple Syrup Festival where you can learn how to make it the pioneer way.
- We’d be remiss if we didn’t introduce you to The Butcher of Kingsville. The place was opened in 2011 and has become a full service butcher shop that serves locally raised meats, handmade foods and artisan cheeses. We suggest stopping by before heading to Harrow and packing a picnic.
- After a long day of sight-seeing, take a load off at Cedar Beach. It�s a popular spot for both locals and tourists at the mouth of Lake Erieand is the perfect place to take in a sunset or go for a swim.
For more information about Kingsville�s great site attractions or visit other towns within the area, visit: visitwindsoressex.com