We think Ottawa has one of the coolest — and dynamic — restaurant scenes in the province right now. Every time we check in on our nation’s not-so-little capital, we’re blown away.
We’re currently obsessed with this 150 Tastes of Savour Ottawa movement. The folks behind the movement are celebrating Canada’s sesquicentennial by highlighting 150 of the people, products and traditions that make Ottawa’s food great. It’s reminded us of all the delicious, creative things happening in the region.
Here’s a few key ingredients to make a perfect weekend for you and your special someone in Ottawa. Reservations highly recommended!
1. Besides the quintessential hand-in-hand stroll along the Rideau Canal, we recommend setting aside some time to visit the Nordik Spa. Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, only 10 minutes from downtown Ottawa, it’s the perfect escape for the bustle of the city centre.
2. We’d plan to linger over brunch (hello cinnamon bun french toast!) in Westboro at Baker Street Cafe. Charming and bright, it’s easy to get lost in conversation here.
3. After brunch, we’d explore the Westboro’s many boutiques, chocolate shops and definitely stop for a second cortado at Equator Coffee Westboro.
4. We’d treat ourselves and stay at the Chateau Laurier. The views, the plush beds, the royal treatment — it’s all here.
5. We’re the type to eat three dinners (Ramen! Tacos! Pasta!) just to experience the town we’re in — but if we had to pick just one, that special one, we’d book a table at Supply & Demand. Handmade pastas, table-side Baked Alaska FlambA�e and killer Ontario wines have us hooked.
6. After dinner drinks have us heading for Union 613. Start your tab with “Sex On The Snowbank”; a lively mix of gin, pear & all-spice syrup and soda. Who knows where it’ll take you.
For more taste of place in Ottawa and the surrounding valley, check out Ottawa Tourism.