Food serves to connect us with the land, our heritage and the people around us. It is a diverse and dynamic channel for sharing stories, forming relationships and building communities. By combining local food and drink with travel, food tourism offers both locals and tourists alike an authentic taste of our bountiful province while contributing to a sustainable world economy.
Along with our member destinations, we are actively contributing to our province’s edible history by creating fruitful relationships in communities across the province – from the farm up – to cultivate a better, more delicious Ontario. Though our roots are firmly planted in Ontario soil, our branches reach beyond borders, minimizing the distance between field and fork across the globe.
What We Do
By bridging the gap between the food and travel industries, we are strengthening the links between the viticulture, agriculture, aquaculture sectors to the hospitality sector to promote the growth of food tourism. Our work lies in developing strong relationships between growers, chefs, processors, restaurateurs, accommodation providers, distributors, government and industry organizations. But above all, we act as the leading voice to share Ontario’s culinary stories with passion and pride.
The Culinary Tourism Alliance is leading efforts in research, education and product development to promote the growth of the industry.
As experts in food and agritourism development, we ensure that authentic tastes of place become environmental, social and economic drivers for destinations, enriching the traveler experience.
- Continue as a global leader in food and agritourism destination development
- Build destination’s taste of place by supporting agriculture, viticulture and aquaculture industries across the food tourism value chain
- Foster stakeholder engagement and relationship building that results in new and/or enriched food and agritourism experiences that are mindful of the natural resources and cultures they showcase
- Seek and encourage partnership development that will increase capacity, leverage audiences, promote innovation and maximize resources
- Nurture industry and consumer confidence as experts and leaders in food and agritourism destination development
- Promote Ontario and Canada’s authentic tastes of place sharing our stories with pride
Our MandateOperating as an independent member-driven, private sector-led, not-for-profit food and agri-tourism development organization that:
- Cultivates members and market their regional food stories
- Develop criteria-based accreditation for the foodservice industry to support the taste of place
- Provide strategic support to grow food and agritourism
- Curate authentic content and experiences
The Culinary Tourism Alliance is a membership based organization. Membership is open to any destination marketing organization, sector organization, commodity group or hospitality group in Ontario. Help build our food identity by joining today!
Looking to get involved as a small business or event? Consider getting #FeastOn Certified!