Warm cinnamon donuts at Colasanti’s. Honey Balls at the Greek Village during Carousel of Nations. A bottle of Canadian Club Classic. Paczki from Blak’s Bakery.
Windsor and its surrounding towns are known for their food but WindsorEats wants to hear it directly from you. What are Windsor-Essex’s most iconic dishes that anyone living in or visiting the city must try to get a real taste of Windsor and its history and culture?
“Windsorites are in the know about the kinds of foods that make Windsor Essex unique,” explains Adriano Ciotoli, co-owner of WindsorEats. “We wanted locals to tell us what they think are the foods that separate us from other cities. Those dishes that you just can’t get anywhere else or just don’t measure up to the ones we have at home. What makes a dish iconic might mean something different for each person. To me, it’s something that has a sense of tradition, been around for years and all the locals know about it.”
How does it work?
- Visit www.windsoreats.com to vote.
- Voting takes place until the end of April 30, 2021.
- The food can be from anywhere in Essex County. WindsorEats is not looking for your personal favourite but rather for the most authentic Windsor foods that everyone knows, loves and is uniquely Windsor-Essex
- When submitting your answer, be specific! For example, don’t just say “Windsor pizza”. Tell us the specific toppings and the business it comes from.
- Only one response per email address.