CHEF D SAYS:
“We (as Chefs) sometimes forget how great chicken can taste. Love fresh greens, we made Maple syrup for the second time this spring. Everything in this recipe is from local farms.”
Stuffed Pasture Raised Chicken Breast with Lentil Salad and Blueberry Maple Vinaigrette
- Pastured, cage-free chicken from Nutra Farms in Barrie
- Microgreens from Wellington Greens in Eramosa
- Aged Gouda from Mountain Oak Cheese in Oxford County
- Smoked bacon from Stemmler’s Meats in Heidelberg
- Blueberries from Blue Horizon Farm in Princeton
- Lentils and Oil from Pristine Gourmet in Waterford
- 2 boneless pasture raised Chicken breasts.
- 2 pieces of Mountain Oak herbed Gouda
- 6 slices Double smoked bacon
- 2 cups micro greens
- 1 cup leaf lettuce
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- ½ cup Ontario blueberries
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh Sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Slice into the fat side of the chicken breast. Place cheese into breast. Wrap the breast with 3 slices of bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken on a Parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 18-22 Minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees
- For the salad place ½ cup of greens on each plate.
- Place ½ the micro greens on the plate
- Sprinkle lentils over the Salad
- In a small bowl, combine, Maple Syrup, oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon. Drizzle 1 tbsp of dressing over salad
ABOUT FEAST ON® CHEF DARRYL “Chef D” FLETCHER
Chef Darryl Fletcher’s (ChefD) inspiration to pursue a culinary career began while watching Graham Kerr (The Galloping Gourmet) and trying some recipes at home.
He graduated from the Chef program at Humber College. Chef D’s career, as a Chef, has grown from humble beginnings in Kitchener, and taken him all over North America. He eventually returned back home to Kitchener. Chef D’s career has taken him all over North America. He eventually returned back home to Kitchener. ChefD has appeared as a popular guest on television, has his own cooking show, ‘At Home with ChefD’ on Rogers TV, and has authored two cook bookettes. He currently owns and operates ChefD catering.
ChefD believes in sharing his passion for food with others, and keeping recipes simple, easy, and incredibly tasty!