St. Catharine’s, ON — Niagara Grape & Wine Festival kicks off its 70th season beginning September 17th with a new outdoor concert series and the return of the beloved Discovery Pass Touring Passport.
The Best of Montebello Park Concert Series is an in-person, outdoor concert series featuring some of the Grape & Wine Festival’s most popular acts from the past. The Caverners, The Figure Four, and Jonesy will take the stage in the raceway of Downtown St. Catharines’ FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre. General admission tickets, which are $100 (plus taxes and fees), include lawn seating on a pod space for up to four people as well as four glasses of VQA Niagara wine. VIP tickets, which are $150 (plus taxes and fees), include a pod close to the front of the stage, a table and chairs and four glasses of VQA Niagara wine. A Niagara VQA Wine Garden will open one hour before showtime with wine by the glass or bottle available for purchase.
Concert Dates and Times
- The Caverners, Friday, September 17, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (rain date September 24)
- The Figure Four, Saturday, September 18, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm (rain date September 25)
- Jonesy, Saturday, September 18, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (rain date September 25)
Back by popular demand, Grape & Wine Discovery Pass Weekends will take place on the weekends of September 17/18 and September 25/26. For just $49, pass holders can enjoy six delicious wine and culinary experiences from their choice of 20 participating wineries across Twenty Valley and Niagara-on-the-Lake. The delectable range of options includes pairings like:
- DiProfio’s 2018 Kitchen Zinc paired with a crispy Baja shrimp taco with local peach salsa
- Marynissen Estates’ 2019 Charmed sparkling wine paired with a roasted onion and sour cherry tart
- Wayne Gretzky Estates’ 2018 Estate White paired with a crispy falafel topped with white wine crema, charred local corn, and a pineapple, red onion and jalapeno salsa
Pass holders are encouraged to plan their route in advance and will be provided with a link to make reservations at their planned stops. Discovery Passes can be purchased online at www.niagarawinefestival.com/discovery-pass or directly at any of the 20 participating wineries.
“We’re thrilled to offer a blend of old and new Grape & Wine programming this fall that will allow wine lovers to gather and celebrate the harvest in a safe way,” said Dorian Anderson, Executive Director of the Niagara Grape & Wine Festival. “We’re already busy developing some really fun ideas for 2022 that will bring Grape & Wine favourites like the Grande Parade and Montebello Park programming back in an even bigger, better way!”