This week in the OCTA test kitchen, Julia’s beating the heat with a creamy zucchini salad that’s downright cool!
“This recipe, adapted from the almighty Martha Stewart, is just one great way to use up the zillions of zucchini that begin spiralling out of gardens around this time of year. A�With sprigs of dill, bright red onionsA�and tangy yogurt, think of this salad as a twisted take on tzatziki. A�Martha recommends serving up this side with lamb burgers, grilled chicken or fried fish and well, I’m not one to argue with success!”A�
Recipe: Zucchini with Herbed Yogurt
- 2 medium Ontario zucchini or summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1/4 Ontario red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove Ontario garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Ontario Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tsp Ontario dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Combine zucchini and onion in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour yogurt sauce over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Top with more fresh herbs, a good crack of pepper and a pinch of salt.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!