The FestivalThe festival is taking place at Sugar Beach in Toronto. If you’ve never been to Sugar Beach, this is the perfect opportunity to check out one of Toronto’s most unique outdoor venues! You will find vendor stands offering wine, spirits, beer, cider, cocktails, as well as delicious dishes. There will also be live music featuring local artists to keep you grooving all day and night.
The SchoolThe part of the festival that we are the most excited for (but we might be a little biased) is the Food & Wine School curated by Feast On. You’ll have the opportunity to learn what it means to cook and eat local from some of Ontario’s top chefs. It’s also a great opportunity to get hands-on with local wine, beer and cider pairings featuring artisan producers. There will be 12 chef-led demos throughout the weekend, with each chef creating a different dish and teaching you how they did it – and yes, you get to try their dish after the class is done! On top of that, you will also get a sample of a locally crafted beer, wine or cider that has been paired with each dish.
The participating Feast On chefs:
- Danae Humber & Istvan Galambos, Belfast Love, Toronto
- Ben Lillico, The Rich Uncle Tavern, Waterloo
- Ricky and Olivia, Ricky + Olivia Events, Toronto
- Rami Tarabichi, Paintbox Catering & Bistro, Toronto
- Daniel Holloway, Urban Acorn Catering, Toronto
- Adam Ryan, Her Father’s Cider Bar, Toronto
- Elisa Corrigan, The Green Wood, Toronto
- Jesse Vallins, Maple Leaf Tavern, Toronto …and more!
Without giving too much away, you can expect to find dishes like Fresh Cheese & Wild Puffed Rice, a unique take on a classic Canadian Lobster Roll and Chicken Banh Mi. Admission to the Food & Wine School is included in the price of your festival ticket! It is first-come, first-serve so check out the schedule beforehand so you don’t miss your favourite chef! For the full schedule, click HERE.