Two new wine apps launched into the market this month, giving consumers the ability to make sourcing out and pairing wines as convenient and simple as possible.
Both of these applications are easy to navigate, offering real solutions, tips and tricks, as well as answers to many wine-related questions puzzling the everyday wine lover.
First up there’s wine writer Natalie McLean’s app: Wine Picks and Pairings
Let’s dream. You walk into the liquor store, whip out your smartphone, point and click at the bar code on a bottle label and voila: the tasting note, score, pairings and recipes for that wine.
Dreams really can come true …A�if you download my new iPhone and iPod app. Hey, it’s free so I’m not paying for that wine too.
Here’s what you get:
– Instantly access tasting notes, scores, prices, recipes
– Search 150,000 wines at liquor stores across the country
– Find out how many bottles are in stock of each wine at the store you�re in as well as nearby stores via GPS real-time inventory search
– Track your purchases in your virtual cellar with just a few clicks
– Create a wine journal with your own wine notes and pictures
– Share your wines and pairings on Twitter and Facebook
There’s also the new Uncork Ontario mobile app:
The premiere app for discovering the best wineries that Ontario has to offer. Many apps lack listings for small or new wineries – this is the first app with a complete listing of every winery in Ontario. We’ve made it free for everyone – the vineyards and wine-lovers!
Discover nearby wineries, current winery promotions, and featured routes that will appeal to all tastes and interests!
– Location-based (nearest first) directory of all Ontario wineries in either map view or listing view.
– Individual winery listing with hours and fully integrated contact info: Phone, Email, Twitter, & Facebook links.
– Individual mapping integrated with maps for driving directions.
– Unique and fun “routes” selected by some of the most knowledgeable folks in the Ontario Wine industry.
FollowA� Ontario wine adventures on twitter: @uncorkontario, and read Ontario wine reviews at uncorkontario.com!