Job Posting: Green Barn Manager
(Full-time Permanent – 37.5 hours per week)
ABOUT THE STOP:
The Stop Community Food Centre is a leading-edge and nationally respected non-profit
organization that has been providing innovative programs and advocacy to address problems of hunger and inequality for over 35 years (www.thestop.org). The Stop�s mission is to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community and challenges inequality.
The Green Barn Manager is an integral part of The Stop’s team and is responsible for the
management of our programs at the Green Barn Site, including community gardens, indigenous land sovereignty work, social enterprise, and youth opportunities. The Stop�s focus on urban agriculture at the Green Barn includes a greenhouse, several gardens, a community kitchen, a class-room and a staff of 10. We are looking for an experienced manager who shares our commitment to community, food security and social justice.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of The Stop�s senior management team, the successful candidate will:
- Oversee program development and implementation with staff, including setting and achieving targets, ensuring alignment with agency�s mission and Theory of Change, and responsiveness to community needs;
- Work collaboratively with other senior managers and teams to ensure effective program and service delivery, and communication between teams and sites;
- Provide leadership on relevant agriculture and urban agriculture policies and developments;
- Outreach to partner and community organizations;
- Lead and support program staff in the development and delivery of programs;
- Manage administrative, human resources, and site oversight;
- In collaboration with the fundraising team, assist with relevant funding proposals;
- Develop and monitor budgets, and provide input to overall agency budget in collaboration with the finance and fundraising departments;
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experience managing staff and programs
- Experience developing and implementing community based programs
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and community members
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, urban agriculture and food production practices
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience in multi-site organizations especially beneficial
- Relevant university or college education
- Passion for issues related to poverty, social justice, community development, urban agriculture and food security
- Experience working from an anti-racist and anti-oppressive perspective with marginalized communities
- Diplomatic, confident, organized, assertive, enthusiastic and a team player
- Certification in non-violent crisis intervention or CPI, Food Handlers, and First Aid are assets
- Knowledge of another language considered an asset
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 (dependent on experience) plus benefits.
Anticipated Start date: Monday, April 16th, 2018
Please include a cover letter and resume to the attention of Hiring Committee � Green Barn Manager. Applications are being accepted through the Charity Village website. Click here to submit an application.
Applications must be received by Thursday, March 22nd at noon. No faxes, emails or phone calls please.
The Stop is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. Internal candidates encouraged to apply. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in The Stop.