Canadian Tourism Commission and Food Day Canada have combined forces to offer the first ever Culinary Journalism Award.A�CTC and Food Day Canada invite journalists to submit work published in the US that best describes the relationship between Canada�s primary products and the culinary experience available in Canada.
Two categories will be acknowledged:
- Best written work in any medium and
- Best photo essay, video or app.
The criteria are as follows:
- Must have been published in the US or in the case of online content demonstrate that more than 60% of the audience is US based.
- Must have been published between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011
- Includes print, online, broadcast and culinary app
- Subject matter can be pan-Canadian or regional; specific food items or a full menu but must clearly demonstrate the origin of fresh Canadian products and the journey to the table with an emphasis on the culinary experiences that could be enjoyed by visitors to Canada.
- Must be published in English, between 250 and 1500 words; or 5 to 40 images or 2 to 30-minute video
- Each of two winners will receive a cheque of $1000.
- Each winner provides complete rights to the CTC and Food Day Canada to use and re-publish except where the media outlet prevents such use.
The for submission is January 31, 2012! Read more information on the new award here!