After last weekend’s festive feasting, we’re attempting to commit ourselvesA�to salad for the next week. A�And with Agatha’s recipe for perfect roasted carrots, we just might hold ourselves to that!
“Bugs was on to something – the perfect carrot, crisp and unyielding, is really worth fussing over. A�This recipe sees a resplendent rainbow of heirloom carrots roasted and revived with a zippy yogurt dressing. A�Take that tryptophan!”
Recipe: Roasted Carrots with Yogurt
Serve these terrific taproots with some spicy salad greens and grilled lamb loin chops. A�They would also be fantastic with anything from turkey to bison, or even solo!
- 6-10 Ontario heirloom carrots, cleaned, trimmed & oiled
- 1/2 cup Ontario yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ontario cold pressed canola oil (I’m partial to Pristine Gourmet)
- 2 cloves of Ontario garlic, chopped
- 8 Ontario mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toss 6-10 heirloom carrots in canola oil.
- Roast at 375A�
F for 25 minutes, until edges are just slightly brown.
- Zest the lemon and squeeze it�s juice into a bowl. Mix in remaining sauce ingredients. If dressing is too thick, thin it out by adding some water.
- Spoon over warm carrots and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!