Patio season is here — and this time it’s sticking around, we’re sure of it! Celebrate in style with this Caribbean inspired, Ontario sourced cocktail. Just mash, pour, stir and start sipping.
“Making a truly all-Ontario cocktail for an island themed party is hard, I won’t lie to you. With the sudden spike in citrus prices and the fact that coconuts and pineapples aren’t exactly our shtick, I’ve started to get creative! This little summer sipper was born out of one of those perfect Sundays. The ones where the sun is out, the shade is landing in all the right places and the breezes is beckoning for a stiff, cold drink.”
Recipe: The Stay-cation
Cocktails like this are really about finding your perfect pairing.
Any herb + booze + bitters combo should work. Stick to white spirits with fresh herbs. We love the cilantro + Gin 22 combo or Lavender + Gilead 66 Loyalist Gin too!
- 2 sprigs Pineapple Mint – we grow our own!
- 2 oz Dillon’s Rose Gin
- 2 dashes Dillon’s Lime Bitters
- 1/2 tsp Ontario wildflower honey
- Canada Dry Tonic Water
- Also: highball glass and muddler
- Put mint, bitters, honey and rose gin in the bottom of a highball ball glasses.
- Muddle slightly to release mint’s fresh pineapple aroma.
- Fill glass with ice, top with tonic and stir.
- Garnish with sprig of pineapple mint.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1