Patio season is here — and this time it’s sticking around, we’re sure of it! A�Celebrate in style with this Caribbean inspired, Ontario sourced cocktail. A�Just mash, pour, stir and start sipping.
“Making a truly all-Ontario cocktail for an island themed party is hard, I won’t lie to you. A�With the sudden spike in citrus prices and the fact that coconuts and pineapples aren’t exactly our shtick, I’ve started to get creative! A�This little summer sipper was born out of one of those perfect Sundays. A�The ones where the sun is out, the shade is landing in all the right places and the breezes is beckoning for a stiff, cold drink.”
Recipe: The Stay-cation
Cocktails like this are really about finding your perfect pairing.
Any herb + booze + bitters combo should work. Stick to white spirits with fresh herbs. We love the cilantro + Gin 22 comboA�or Lavender + Gilead 66 Loyalist Gin too!
- 2 sprigs Pineapple Mint – we grow our own!
- 2 oz Dillon’s Rose Gin
- 2 dashes Dillon’s Lime Bitters
- 1/2 tsp Ontario wildflower honey
- Canada Dry Tonic Water
- Also: highball glass and muddler
- Put mint, bitters, honey and rose gin in the bottom of a highball ball glasses.
- Muddle slightly to release mint’s fresh pineapple aroma.
- Fill glass with ice, top with tonic and stir.
- Garnish with sprig of pineapple mint.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!