Craving Thai food? Put down that take-out menu and whip up this tangy, spicy salad instead!
“At this time of year, I have a glut of garden fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and green beans. I’m all over the tart and spicy thai-inspired salad! It’s got just the right amount of heat, some decent crunch and pairs perfectly with late summer barbeque. Yeah, you heard me — late summer. I refuse to admit it’s autumn!” –Agatha Podgorski, Communications & Membership Manager
- 2 dried Ontario chiles, soaked for 2 minutes in warm water, drained
- 3 small Ontario garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 9 Ontario long beans or handful of Ontario green beans, trimmed, cut into 2 1/2' lengths
- 2 Ontario kirby cucumbers, coarsely chopped into 1' pieces
- 6 Ontario tomatoes, coarsely chopped into 1' pieces
- 2 tablespoons crushed, roasted, unsalted Ontario peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 lime, cut into 3 wedges
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Mix together fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, garlic and chilies.
- Add green beans and cucumber to dressing. Stir and crush lightly with back of spoon.
- Add tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes. Stir in peanuts.
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, its easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With Taste Tested, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover whats on our table � literally!