This week, Agatha’s sharing her all-time secret weapon when dealing with summer crowds (read: picky eaters).
“I’ve got a very eclectic group of misfits in my circle of friends.A� From vegan’s to veg-o-phobe’s to ladies ‘allergic’ to eggs–feeding a crowd used to be a really stressful ordeal.A� Enter this wicked, ‘accidentally’ vegan, potato salad chalk full of herbs and spicy whole-grain mustard.A� It will please even the weirdest of palates–that’s a promise!”
Recipe: Tangy Green Potato Salad
This hard-working salad is great alongside your favorite picnic staples or topped with a poached egg and some crispy bacon for any indoor affair.A� Use a good, whole grain mustard for this salad.A� It adds the much needed tang ‘n crunch!
- 1lb Ontario Baby Reds, halved & cooled
- 1lb Ontario French Beans, blanched
- 2 tbsp Kozlik’s Triple Crunch
- 3 tbsp Pristine Gourmet extra virgin cold-pressed soybean oil
- 1 tbsp Ontario apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Ontario maple syrup
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk oil, triple crunch, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup together in the bottom of your salad bowl of choice. Season to taste.
- Add warm, halved baby red potatoes. Let cool in vinaigrette.
- Add dill, green onions, cilantro/basil into vinaigrette, toss to combine.
- Add cooled, blanched green beans, toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy with friends!
Try these seasonal switch-ups: Instead of (or alongside!) green beans, toss in 1 English cucumber cut into 1 inch pieces; 1 cup blanched pod peas, shelled; 2 cobs of sweet corn, grilled; 1 cup Easter-egg radishes, quartered
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!