Hold up a second, just to make sure we’re all on the same page. You’ve never heard of a shrub? A shrub is basically a fruit-and-vinegar syrup. Read up here.
This recipe features one of our favourite Ontario ingredients : maple water! Sapsucker Maple Tree Filtered Water is tapped and harvested in the Beaver Valley, and is a seriously delicious taste of place. It’s just one of the reasons we’re thrilled they’re partof our Feast ON Preferred Purveyor Program!
- 1 Ontario apple, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1cup Sapsucker Maple Water
- 1/2cup Ontario Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1.5oz Spirit Tree Estates Ice Cider
- 0.5 Liquor 43
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Combine sugar, water and cider vinegar.
- Reduce down to shrub until all sugars are gone and apples are soft and soggy.
- Chill it.
- Combine brandy, liquor 43 and .75 of shrub.
- Steam or add hot water to fill with dash of sap water.
- Garnish with an apple dusted in cinnamon.
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!