A giant pan of roasted vegetables…it’s what Ontario winters were made for! Take a gorgeous gourd for a spin this winter with this beautiful roasted butter.
“There was a time for me when ‘party food’ meant ensuring all bags of chips made it into bowls before guests’ hands. A�They were always beautiful bowls, but I’m happy to say I’ve evolved. A�This roasted squash butter is a great entry into your elegant entertaining years. A�It’s easy to dress up with any number of garnishes and its beautiful burnt orange colour is a welcome sight on any cocktail napkin.“
Roasted Squash Butter
We love this “butter” on grilled bread but could also see ourselves adding a spoonful or two to a risotto or fresh pasta.
- 4 cups Ontario squash or sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 TBSP good quality olive oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 100g Ontario soft goat cheese (we like C’est Bon from Perth County)
- Maldon salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss squash with 2 TBSP olive oil and spread onto large, parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast squash for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally, until soft and golden brown.
- In a food processor, puree squash with remaining olive oil, butter and cheese of your choice.
- Taste and season accordingly with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto grilled bread and top with your favourite seasonal produce. I drizzled honey and used parsley, extra goat cheese curls and mandolined celery to add a pop of colour and crunch.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�“Taste Tested“, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!