In an unspecified future, Rhu-Barbarella is assigned by the President of Earth to relieve our thirst. When asked why she gives so much, when all we do is drink her dry, she aptly replies: an angel has no memory.
“If I had a house cocktail at my… house, you bet your britches it would have rhubarb in it. Apparently, a house cocktail “should be indicative of your tastes, yet appeal to a broad enough audience.” Therefore, rhubarb bitters, rhubarb syrup, rhubarb shnapps — I’ll say they’re all fair game in my books. Those sour, bitter notes lend themselves beautifully to a liquid lunch after all! And since summer nights call for long drinks with plenty of ice, it is my pleasure to introduce you to my new big-batch friendly ‘house cocktail': Rhubarbarella. So, drinks at my place tonight?”
Saving the earth from thirst, once glass at a time.
- Blitz rhubarb compote in a blender or bullet until smooth. Strain into pitcher.
- Add cherry syrup, bitters and gin to pitcher.
- Add one can soda and stir gently to combine.
- Once combined, top with remaining soda.
- Pour over ice in tall glasses and serve!
- Tip: Want to go the extra mile? Garnish with a fresh cherry or a long strand of shaved rhubarb. Don’t forget a fun summer straw!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!