This recipe comes from the team at 3 Guys and A Stove — a Feast ON Certified restaurant in Huntsville. The first rhubarb is up in our gardens, so we thought we’d share their lovely spring recipe for quick Rhubarb Salsa! It’s a delight with chicken and fish.
3 Guys and a Stove has been the stop over for those on the pilgrimage to Algonquin Park or Muskoka for decades. Located in Huntsville, you experience real Ontario hospitality the second you walk through the door. Great local products and super friendly service pair perfectly to showcase real, honest comfort foods.
- 1 stalk young Ontario rhubarb, diced fine
- 1/4 cup Ontario yellow pepper, diced fine
- 1/4 cup Ontario orange pepper, diced fine
- 2 tbsp Ontario sweet white onion, diced fine
- 2 tbsp Ontario green onions, diced fine
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, diced fine
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Ontario apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan to boiling. Blanch rhubarb by placing in the boiling water for 10 to 20 seconds. Quickly remove the rhubarb and place in a colander. Blanch by running cold water over the rhubarb to stop the cooking process. Turn the blanched rhubarb onto some paper towel to dry.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yellow & orange peppers, onion, scallions, jalapeño, and cilantro. Add rhubarb and mix ingredients.
- In a small separate bowl, pour the honey in the lime juice and apple cider vinegar and whisk. Drizzle this dressing over the rhubarb salsa and stir. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir ingredients together.
- Chill 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavours to meld.
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!