This recipe comes to us from the team at PORT Restaurant in Pickering! Nothing screams summer like a fish fry to us, so why not try making this over the campfire this summer?
“PORT is a North American Bistro & Bar. Their goal is to create a community gathering spot, which allows them to showcase the passion for hospitality and great food & beverage thriving behind their doors. Their Chef Team has created menus that evolve to reflect the season and locally raised products. They strive to (re)create cocktails that reflect the passion and skill of the original bartender. Their products are sourced seasonally and ethically. What’s more, they’re proud to be Feast ON Certified, OceanWise recognized and champions of Ontario�s Central Counties unique #TasteofPlace.”
- 1/2 bunch Ontario flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch Ontario basil
- 1/2 bunch Ontario mint
- 1 clove Ontario garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2-3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp Ontario mustard
- 4 tbsp Pristine Gourmet Sunflower Oil
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Ontario egg
- 1 cup Ontario cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 lb fresh, skin on Ontario perch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Before prepping fish, place herbs, garlic, capers, anchovies, mustard, sunflower oil and vinegar in a food processor. Season generously with salt and pepper. Pulse until mixed, but still course. Add more oil if necessary.
- Next, mix flour, paprika, and salt together and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large saute pan. Dip perch fillets into the flour mixture and gently shake off excess. Carefully place them into the heated, buttery pan, skin side down. Once golden brown, flip and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove from the butter and drain on a paper towel to absorb excess butter. Spoon on salsa and serve immediately.
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!