Panko Crusted Pickerel
Tomasso's is a Feast ON Certified Italian Eatery on the banks of the Trent River in Trenton, Ontario.
Write a review
- 2lb Ontario pickerel fillets, skinned
- 1/4 cup Pristine Gourmet Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup Ontario flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ontario shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 small Ontario garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Ontario mustard -- we like Mrs. McGarrigle's for this one!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- For salsa verde, mis parsley, shallots, capers, garlic, mustard and vinegar together in small bowl. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Mix panko crumbs and generous amount of salt & pepper together on deep plate. Working one at a time, dredge fillets through mixture and place of dry board or platter.
- Meanwhile, heat sunflower oil over medium high heat in cast iron skillet.
- Cook fillets in hot oil. Do not over crowd, one or two at a time, turning once, for about 5 minutes per side until filet is opaque. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Skim excess panko from hot oil between frying.
- To serve, pool salsa on plate and place breaded fillet on top.
- Serve alongside your favorite rice pilaf and roasted vegetables. Makes for a great Christmas Eve dish!
Culinary Tourism Alliance https://ontarioculinary.com/