Peach & Basil Mimosa
Don't have fresh basil kicking about? Skip it or sub it! This would be equally sublime with fresh thyme or even tarragon! In a hurry?
Write a review
- 4 sprigs fresh Ontario basil
- 1 soft Niagara peach, peeled, pitted, sliced thinnly
- 1 bottle Ontario sparkling wine (Try Tawse Spark, Hinterland Whitecap or Kew Vineyards Blanc De Noir!)
- Reserve 8 slices of peach for garnish, pulse remaining peach with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp of peach puree to bottom of 4 flutes or stemless wine glasses.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Add 2 slices of peach to each glass.
- "Smack" basil between your palms to release oils and add to cocktail.
- We added ice because it was an abnormally warm day. Typically, if you're bubbly is properly chilled, there should be no need.
Culinary Tourism Alliance https://ontarioculinary.com/