With winter freezing our toes and fingers, we’ve sourced a recipe to keep things toasty warm in the kitchen. Even better, it’s the perfect way to use up your cold stored Ontario carrots. Sweet, rich and comforting, this ravioli recipe from Chef Jeremy Pammett at Elmhirst Resort does the trick any night of the week!
The Hearthside Room at Elmhirst’s Resort has been open since 1981. This family owned resort offers up the freshest farm to table and made-to-order meals. As a matter of fact, the Elmhirst Resort also grows and raises most everything on the menu at The Hearthside Room! From vegetables to ducks to cattle, one look at their menu proves how committed they are to being sustainable and living off of the land.
- Ontario carrots
- Vegetable oil
- Ontario honey
- Your choice of herbs, 1-2 stems
- Ravioli shells
- Ontario white onion
- VQA white wine
- Vegetable stock
- Lemon juice
- For Stuffing: Rough chop several fresh Ontario carrots. Toss in vegetable oil, salt and pepper
- Roast until almost tender. Drizzle honey and continue roasting until tender. Remove from oven, cool and blend, adding your choice of fresh Ontario herbs.
- Place in ravioli shells, and let rest in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, for carrot white wine sauce, sweat 3 parts carrot, 1 part white onion, 1 part celery medium diced. Deglaze with white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add vegetable stock and simmer until all the vegetables are completely cooked. Puree in blender. Add salt and white pepper, lemon juice to taste.
- Set sauce aside. Drop chilled ravioli one by one into boiling salted water.
- Once cooked through (approximately 3 minutes), drain and add to hot frying pan. Toss quickly with a pad of butter, add carrot white wine sauce sauce and a garnish of roasted leek.
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!