This week, Agatha’s greekin’ out with a punchy pita that can’t be beat-a!
“I love grilled lamb. A�There is something about the charred, smokey flavour of the barbeque that lends itself perfectly to Ontario lamb. A�Pair that with a spicy kick of raw garlic and some pummeled cumin and you’ve got yourself a party! A�I serve mine with fresh local vegetables on a pita. A�It reminds me of my travels in Europe and the soft spot I developed for the humble kebab. A�Delicious!”
Recipe: Grilled Lamb with Garlic Yogurt
Serve this up on a warm pita with tomatoes, cucumber, red onions and herbs!
- 1 1/2 tbsp cold pressed canola
- 2 large Ontario garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp whole cumin seeds, toasted in a pan
- 3/4 tsp ground OntarioA�coriander
- 1/2 tsp fresh OntarioA�rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Thatcher Farms lamb shoulder chops
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Macerate herbs, spices and 1 garlic clove in mortar and pestle.
- Whisk paste into oil in a medium bowl to blend.
- Add lamb; toss to coat evenly. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil lamb until crusty brown outside but still pink inside, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, the slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, grate remaining garlic clove into Greek yogurt. Salt to taste.
- Smear yogurt on warm pitas, arrange sliced lamb and fresh vegetables.
Preparation time: 45 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!