Fire-Roasted Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Write a review
- 4 Ontario portabello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cheese of your choice, sliced
- Minced garlic
- Pinch of dried basil, salt, pepper to taste
- Cayenne, for a bit of kick (optional)
- Buns or bread (optional)
- Gently wash the mushrooms, and remove the stems.
- Mix the marinade, and let the mushrooms sit for about 15 minutes, turning them over periodically.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill, or over the fire. Flip them carefully, as you would a burger, every 5 minutes until satisfied with the level of crispness. Keep the marinade! Brush it (or pour with a spoon) over the mushrooms as you grill them.
- Not vegan? Great. As you're finishing the burgers on the grill, give them a final flip, and melt a slice of cheese over them before pulling them off the fire.
- Carefully lift the mushrooms off the grill and into buns (or right onto your plate).
- Add toppings of your choice (pickles, peppers, onions?).
Culinary Tourism Alliance https://ontarioculinary.com/