We love Ontario Duck — especially when it’s piled high with coleslaw like this epic sandwich from Chef Steffen Marin at Feast On Certified Heirloom Food Truck.
Chef Steffen Marin stands behind his mission to use local and organic ingredients. This signature sandwich uses duck from King Cole Ducks in Stouffville, cold pressed sunflower oil from Pristine Gourmet in Waterford and grainy mustard from Savvy Chef in London. The Heirloom Food Truck menu is inspired by the availability of products that come from farmers and artisanal producers they work with.
- 1 package King Cole Duck Confit
- 1/4lb Duck Fat
- 5 tsbp Jerk Spice
- 6 fork fulls Pickled Sweet Cabbage
- 5 tbsp Savvy Chef Grainy Mustard
- 4 Ontario scallion greens
- 4 tbsp food quality mayonnaise - we use homemade!
- 5 Brioche Buns
- 1 tsp Ontario maple syrup
- ⅓ cup Pristine Gourmet cold pressed sunflower oil
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 4 Ontario radishes, sliced thin
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare a scallion aioli by chopping scallions fine and stirring into mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Heat duck fat until sizzling in a medium cast iron pan. Add duck confit and jerk spice. Toss to combine and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sunflower oil and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Add parsley leaves, dill pickles, chives and pickled cabbage. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut brioche buns in half and toast lightly.
- Slather each bun top with grainy mustard and each bun bottom with scallion aioli. Divide warm duck and sweet pickled cabbage slaw evenly between buns. Top with sliced radish slices.
- Serve immediately and a big 'ol pile of napkins!
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!