With spring so freshly sprung, we thought it time to celebrate with a fresh, seasonally inspired salad. This recipe comes to us from Chef Jer Robbins of the Feast On Certified Scozia Restaurant at the Breadalbane Inn & Spa in Fergus, Ontario.
Open for lunch and dinner daily, Scozia boasts authentically prepared house-made Italian food made with locally-sourced ingredients. The kitchen team take inspiration from the surrounding Wellington County countryside, and who wouldn’t! Rolling hills, kitchen gardens, and lambs out to pasture are just some of the sights to see when exploring the area. If you’re heading that way, make sure to book a room at the Breadalbane Inn — it makes a great home base for exploring all things edible in Wellington County!
- 1 Cup Pristine Gourmet Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 Cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB Ontario maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 oz Ontario AAA Ribeye
- 1 Farm Fresh Ontario Hen's Egg
- 100 g Ontario dandelion greens
- 2 Ontario radishes
- 4 stalks Ontario asparagus
- 4 yellow Ontario hot house tomatoes
- 2 Ontario spring onions
- Heat grill.
- Trim asparagus and briefly blanch in simmering water
- Thinly slice radishes and tomatoes.
- Generously season ribeye with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill steak to desired doneness and rest meat.
- While steak is resting grill asparagus and spring onions.
- Pulse together all ingredients for the viniagrette together with hand blender. Season to taste.
- Toss dandelion greens, tomatoes and radishes in vinaigrette.
- Put egg in simmering water to poach.
- While egg is poaching, place greens, tomatoes and radishes on plate... carve ribeye and fan over top of the greens. Add grilled asparagus and spring onions... and finish with the poached egg and an additional drizzle of vinaigrette.
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. With ?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing out their favourites of the season. Come discover what�s on our table � literally!