We had #FeastON Chef Chris Corrigan make these on the Love ONT Food stage this weekend at the Delicious Food Show! They were a certifiable hit — and super easy to make at home.
“Lancaster Smokehouse keeps it local, keeps it fresh and homemade. It’s what makes them different. All their dishes are made from scratch in-house, including sauces, dressings and even the mayonnaise! All their meats are locally sourced from Ontario farms, and they work with local growers for the freshest produce, meat, beer and wine!”
- 12 PIECES ONTARIO PORK CHEEKS
- 1 TBSP KOSHER SALT
- 4 TSP GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 2 TBSP BACON FAT
- 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 TBSP ONTARIO GARLIC, MINCED
- 3⁄4 CUP ONTARIO ONION, SLICED
- 1⁄2 CUP ONTARIO CARROTS, DICED
- 2 SPRIGS ONTARIO ROSEMARY
- 1 CUP ONTARIO GREENHOUSE TOMA-
- 1 1⁄2 CUPS PLUS 2 TBSP DARK
- ONTARIO ALE
- 1 TSP RED PEPPER FLAKES
- 3 CUPS VEAL STOCK
- 3 CUPS HAM STOCK
- 2 DRIED BAY LEAVES
- 1 TBSP DARK BROWN SUGAR
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 325°F. TRIM THE PORK CHEEKS OF ANY OBVIOUS GRISTLE, FAT AND SINEW. SPRINKLE WITH SALT AND PEPPER AND DREDGE IN THE FLOUR, KNOCKING OFF ANY EXCESS FLOUR.
- IN A LARGE BRAISING POT WITH LID OVER MEDIUM HEAT, WARM BACON FAT. WORKING IN BATCHES, PLACE THE CHEEKS IN THE PAN, BROWN EACH SIDE AND TRANSFER TO PAPER TOWEL LINED PLATE.
- ADD OLIVE OIL TO THE PAN. STIR IN THE GARLIC, ONIONS, CARROTS AND TOMATOES.
- SAUTÉ UNTIL CARROTS SOFTEN, ABOUT 5 MINUTES. RETURN CHEEKS TO PAN AND POUR IN THE 1 1⁄2 CUPS OF BEER. SIMMER UNTIL THE FOAM FROM THE BEER DISAPPEARS. ADD THE ROSEMARY, RED PEPPER FLAKES, BOTH STOCKS AND BAY LEAVES.
- BRING BACK TO A SIMMER.
- COVER AND BRAISE IN OVEN FOR 2 HOURS. SPOON OUT CHEEKS AND TENT WITH FOIL TO KEEP WARM. STRAIN BRAISING LIQUID INTO SAUCEPAN.
- DISCARD VEGETABLES. PLACE OVER MEDIUM HEAT AND BRING TO A SIMMER. SKIM OFF ANY FAT THAT FLOATS TO THE TOP. TURN THE HEAT BACK UP AND REDUCE THE SAUCE UNTIL IT BEGINS TO THICKEN. WHISK IN SUGAR AND REMAINING BEER. TO SERVE, SPOON OVER CHEEKS.
Need more recipes for pork?
Here’s one of our favorites!