We’re a little tired of this cold snap — and we bet you are too! In anticipation of warm weather to come — we’ve rounded up some of the maple festivals from around Ontario we’re most excited about this year.
- This year marks the 39th annual Festival of the Maples, in downtown Perth. What better place to celebrate this sweet season than Lanark County? It’s the Maple Syrup Capital of Ontario after all! Meet maple producers and local merchants at this cheerful event. Admission is free.
- One of the largest one day maple syrup festivals in Ontario, the Elmvale Maple Syrup Festival turns 50 this year! Bonus: it includes a log-sawing contest!
- 160 years and 5 generations of history and experience goes into every bottle of Fulton�s pure Maple Syrup — and this year, they’ve added maple cotton candy to the mix! Daily sugarbush tours available.
- Breakfast just ain’t breakfast without a little of Wheeler’s Syrup if you ask us — even better when it’s served at the Sugarbush itself! Outdoor adventures rejoice: they also offer snowshoe and cross country ski trails!
With so many amazing sugarbushes coming to life in the next couple months, there’s sure to be one in your region! Not sure where to start looking? Check out our Culinary Explorer and search: Maple.
Need an idea on what to with all that maple syrup? We’ve combed our Taste Tested recipe archives for the best maple treats to celebrate this season. Why not try one of these at home today!
- Maple Roasted Kuri Squash Salad
- Maple Bacon Cheeseburgers
- Maple Pecan Granola
- Maple Griddle Cakes
- Muddled Mint & Maple Cocktail
- Maple Ginger Parsnip Cake