This weekend, Soupalicious Toronto will be serving up soups from 30 restaurants and caterers at Artscape Wychwood Barns to support the veggie-gardening and food-sharing program, Plant a Row ? Grow a Row.
Now a regular treat on Toronto�s food event scene, Soupalicious Toronto features a ?cream of the crop? line-up of chefs, restaurants & caterers who are donating their time and culinary expertise, creating some seriously deliciousA�delicious soups.
Vegetables and other ingredients are being provided by nearby farms and food organizations including Mushrooms Canada and Gambles Produce. Bread is being supported by COBS Bread and HTO to go will be attending, lending their support for Toronto�s water program.
“The 30+ soups being created for Soupalicious Toronto by our fabulousA�line-up of THE best chefs will be showcasing Ontario’s many vegetableA�harvests,” said Susan Antler, program advocate, Plant a Row – Grow a Row.A�”And what is so encouraging is that this is all about “being local” —A�sharing talents and the ‘fruits of our labours’ to help neighbours in need.A�We look forward to having everyone come out to enjoy such a great event andA�harvest celebration.”
Liz Halagah, owner of Alphonsa�s Gourmet, is probably one of Soupalicious� biggest supporters, crediting the annual event with helping her turn a hobby into a thriving business specializing in seasoning blends, infused oils, vinaigrettes and dressings.A�?Food is my passion,? says Liz, who openned her own business in Ajax, Ontario–?I got my start at Soupalicious in October 2011?. A�Liz is making herA�gluten free Roasted Spiced Pumpkin SoupA�with brown maple butter at this year�s SoupaliciousA�event.
There�ll be over 30 soups to sample–andA�we assure you, you have permission to slurp.
Amongst the soups being prepared for your enjoyment are:
- Roasted Spiced Pumpkin Soup (Gluten Free) from Alphonsa’s Gourmet
- Cauliflower and Potato Puree with Black and White Truffle Pesto, Butternut Squash,A�Crispy Sage & Parmigiano (Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free) from Aria Ristorante
- Silken Autumn Harvest Corn Chowder with Smoked Duck BreastA�from Bb33 Bistro + Brasserie
- Cheddar and Ale Soup with Pretzel Croutons from the folks at Cheesewerks
- Creamy Maple Parsnip Soup garnished with Tomato Marmalade from Daily Bread Food Bank – Catering Kitchen
- Roasted Pumpkin with Garlic Cream and Candied Bacon Garnish from Dish Cooking Studio
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Celery Root Puree with a Sweet Potato Corn Hash and Chive OilA�from Doug McNish Vegan Inc.
- Purple Top Turnip Ginger and Sake Kasu Soup from Globe Bistro & Earth
- Rosemary & Sage Mushroom Barley & Curried Zucchini from Hub Coffee House & Locavorium
- Maple Roasted Sunchoke & Hemp Soup (Vegetarian) from Incredible Spice
- Kinoko Nabe (Traditional Japanese hot pot with miso-chili dashi) from Liberty Noodle
- Miso, Tofu and Kale Soup from Magic Oven
- Pumpkin and Pea Soup from Sadie’s Diner & Juice Bar
- Cajun Style Belizean Escabeche Onion Soup, plus Collards & Cannellini SoupA�from Southern Accent
- Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Garlic and Cumin SeedA�from The Big Carrot
- Smoked Garlic & Celery Root Puree with Black Plum DrizzleA�from Urban Acorn Catering
- Beet Soup from Utopia Hall
- Golden Cauliflower from Vert Catering
- Chicken Rice Soup from BASFA�Andria Barrett, Culinary Nutritionist
…A�and many, many more!
Soupalicious Toronto is being held onA�Sunday September 29thA�at Artscape Wychwood BarnsA� fromA�Noon to 4 pmA�at 601 Christie Street in the heart of downtown Toronto with easy access to the TTC and parking. Advance tickets are now available for purchase by calling 416-535-0240 or visiting Soupalicious.ca.A�The advance ticket cost of $12 + HST includes 10 free samplings from the participating chefs and restaurants.