Trenton is at the heart of the amalgamated city of Quinte West, the southern gateway to the well-known Trent-Severn Waterway and a part of The Great Waterway. What does all that mean? Lots of dock space, marinas and fishing piers!
Trenton is the perfect place the relax of a waterfront patio, watch the boats go by and tuck into a whole pizza. That last part is mandatory!
Here’s what our perfect weekend in Trenton looks like:
- Roll into town and head straight for The Grind CafA� on Front Street. Their organic, fair trade coffee will be your fuel for the rest of the day.
- Are you a history buff? Visit RCAF Memorial Museum to learn more about Canadaa��s military history — but more importantly, watch the Halifax Bomber being restored after years under water!
- Plan to be in town on a Saturday between May and October. Why you ask? Because the Front Street Market happens to run from 8am – 1pm then. Browse through Ontario flowers farm stalls overflowing with colourful dahlias, orchard stalls piled high with dozens of varieties of apples and locally made baked goods and preserves. There’s even a lavender vendor!
- Come dinner, head for Tomasso’s Italian Grille. They’re right on the water and serve a MEAN pizza. They go through over 9000 pounds of pepperoni a year alone! Bonus: The joint is Feast On Certified and works with a slew of local purveyors to build a pizza fit for a king.
- After dinner, take a gander at what’s happening at the Old Church Theatre. Built in 1876 as a Methodist church and later saved from tragic demolition by local hero Roy Bonisteel; it’s a great place for a glass of local wine — or a pint from Wildcard Brewers!
Find out more about the area and what to do (and eat!) in Trenton through The Great Waterway. Visit: thegreatwaterway.com