Winter in Ontario’s capital can be a magical time — Snow slowly falling outside steamy windows while you share stories and sweets with your special person. With the generally mild weather we’ve been having, it can also be a great time to explore the hidden nooks and crannies of the outdoor spaces in Toronto.
Headed to Toronto with your special someone? Here are a couple ideas for couples planning a Perfect Weekend in the city!
1. Whether you’re coming in for the weekend, or just need a night away — you’re first step is to book your hotel. We suggest splurging for a night at The Four Seasons. Besides the impeccable service and super comfortable bed, they have one of the most delicious breakfasts-in-bed in town.
2. After breakfast, hop into an UberX and head for the Distillery District. Explore the cobblestone lanes and design shops with a spicy Mexican hot chocolate in one hand and your partners hand in the other.
3. Next, head across Front Street for lunch at Le Select Bistro. Classic french food that’s locally sourced, perfect ambiance and a stellar wine list make this the perfect spot to linger.
4. If time permits, meander your way up through Chinatown to Art Gallery of Ontario. If you don’t like art, the people — and puppy — watching on the grounds surrounding the gallery are great too.
5. For dinner, head to the Wickson Social. Luxurious leather arm chairs call for a cocktail or two after dinner. Try something on the menu — like the St. Joe’s, a mix of whisky, sage smoked honey and bitter — or let them stir something up based on your personality with the Litnus Test.
6. The next morning, after that breakfast-in-bed we suggested, make time to explore the shops and galleries of Yorkville. Have a late lunch of oysters at Chabrol and don’t skip sharing the creme brulee!
For more ideas on what to see in Toronto right now, follow @SeeTorontoNow!