Timmins is a hub for many communities in Northeastern Ontario — might be why it’s sometimes referred to as the “City with a Heart of Gold”. It’s a four-season destination surround by over 500 lakes and rivers, numerous adventure and water sports, untamed wilderness, rich mining heritage and small city charm.
Here’s a few places we make sure to visit whenever we’re in Timmins, Ontario!
1. Let’s talk about beer. We’re really loving some of the brews coming out of Northern Ontario lately — and Timmins is no exception. Full Beard Brewing Co. opened their doors to visitors in January and has been getting rave review ever since.
2. Take sometime to unwind in the Nordic Baths at Spa Grande Nature. If outdoor cold plunge pools aren’t your style, there’s also a eucalyptus steam room, dry sauna and relaxation room.
3. Looking for the quintessential “glamping” experience? Check out WildExodus Travel. This four-star glamping experience is both a Canadian Signature Experience (CSE) and an Ontario Signature Experience (OSE).
4. Whether you’re looking to pick up picnic supplies or grab lunch — there is no better stop than Feast On Certified Radical Gardens. They describe their style as “ethnic street food fine dining fusion with a bit of a radical twist” but we just call it delicious. We’re big fans of their Hangover Burgers — where even the bun is local. It’s made in-house with Northern Ontario grown flour!
5. Dessert lovers and old-school diner fans will both love Pine Dairy Bar. They’ve been slinging their famous soft serve and sundaes in a decidedly retro space since 1952!
6. To a taste of the area in the summer months, be sure to stop by the Farmers’ Market on Third Avenue. There you’ll find Finnish baked goods, game meats and some our favorite cheese in Ontario: the aged cheeses from Fromagerie Kapuskoise.
BONUS: Love poutine? Who doesn’t. Timmins is home to a some great examples, but locals (like Shania Twain) know the best is at Chez Nous Variety. This little, roadside gas station slash convenience mart is doling out the cheesiest, gravy covered fries around!