It’s about that time of year again! Autumn is here, and with it comes crisp mornings, the sound of leaves crunching as you walk, and the smell of apple pies wafting from local bakeries.
If the idea of pie brings you joy (like it does for us) then this perfect weekend is for you. The Apple Pie Trail is a culinary adventure inspired by the apple growing history and traditions practiced in South Georgian Bay.
This is our perfect weekend spent along the Apple Pie Trail, including what to do when you are not busy eating pie.
1. For a leisurely afternoon stop by Roost Wine & Co. This newly opened winery has a tasting room designed to encourage guests to spend a couple hours, in addition to phenomenal wines and a very yummy local charcuterie board.
2. Take a stroll through the Meaford Famers’ Market and stock up on local goodies for the weekend, including smoked fish, organic local produce, jams, preserves, and local honey!
3. Come dinner time, Azzurra is where you’ll want to be. This amazing Italian restaurant is also a stop on the Apple Pie Trail, so save room for more dessert!
4. If you’re looking for more casual fare along with some cold brew to wash it down, Northwinds Brewery is calling your name!
5. Another stop along the trail is Blackbird Pie Co. and this bakery is a local favourite for a reason. If you’ve had too much pie, their butter tarts are out of this world! This is a perfect place to end your perfect weekend (and to stock up on snacks for the ride home).
With over 30 stops along the trail, there�s no better way to explore The Blue Mountains than along the award winning Apple Pie Trail!