It�s hard to pick favourites when it comes to Prince Edward County. From wine to fresh produce to eclectic art — whether you plan to explore the beaches, visit a farm or enjoy some refined hospitality — there’s something for every palate on the island.
Renowned for its sailing, fishing and giant sand dunes, “The County” offers up joy. There’s live theatre, artists studios, bookshops and markets. It’s the perfect place for a getaway � a day trip from Toronto or Ottawa.
Our perfect weekend in The County? Well, it looks something like this:
1. First off, rent a place through Sandbanks Vacations. They have a great selection of vacation property rentals that can cater to everyone�s needs.
2. No visit is complete witout popping into the County Cider Company. Grab a bite on their patio and a pint of the Waupoos Draft Cider. With one of the best views in the County it�s easy to spend an afternoon soaking up the sun on their patio.
3. While out on the south end of the island, make sure to stop in to Vicki�s Veggies and grab something fresh from the soil in her market garden shop. We love the honor cash box as their ?check out? system. It warms our hearts to know that people still have faith in humanity. If you�re in the area on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday be sure to swing around the corner from Vicki�s and grab some fresh curd from the Black River Cheese Company � nothing beats the taste of fresh, squeaky curd!
4. If you’re in a shopping mood, head to Books & Company, where they combine new and used books in an awesome space making you want to browse for hours. Then pop into City Revival to see if we can find a ?gently used? treasure. And last but not least, no tour is complete without visiting Zest Kitchen Shop � it�s a dangerous place for a cook or food lover and their wallet!
5. When in the County, you’ve got to visit at least three wineries. Our picks? Make a quick stop to The Old Third Winery for their Pinot Noir, and then onto Closson Chase (they have a gallery in their tasting room) to grab some Chardonnay. Stop for bubbles (and oysters when they have them in season!) at Hinterland Winery and finish off at Norman Hardie Winery.
Plan your own perfect weekend in Prince Edward County! Visit prince-edward-county.com to discover the slew of wineries, eateries and experiences waiting to be discovered.