Between some of Ontario’s best spring foraging opportunities, spectacular fall colours, the myriad of winter activities at their doorstep and the regions plethora of apples, Owen Sound makes for a pretty perfect weekend!
1. Start your adventures at the Owen Sound Farmers Market. Open Saturdays year round from 8am-12:30pm, it’s the perfect place to grab a spot of breakfast and a bag of apples to fuel your explorations.
2. Follow the river (and the fish!) inland towards the Inglis Falls Conservation Area. Enroute, stop by the Mill Dam and Owen Sound Fish Ladder — the first of it’s kind in Canada. We love just hanging about, watching the swans and listening to the water. This is also the perfect time to bite into one of those apples your picked up at the Farmer’s Market!
3. If your stomach is beginning to rumble, we recommend tucking into a picnic at the base of Inglis Falls. Stock up for your adventure at The Milk Maid Fine Cheese on 2nd Avenue. They’ve got loads of local cheeses and baked goods on offer, you’ll be spoiled for choice.
4. For dinner, you’d be seriously missing out if you didn’t tuck into a plate of tacos (or two!) at Casero’s Kitchen Table. Tucked in off the main strip, they make some mean Mexican food, shake a fierce margarita and are always finding new and innovative ways to showcase the best things grown in Grey County.
5. We’d be remiss if we didn’t tell you to head to one of the areas best breweries. Kilannan Brewing Company brews a mean Grapefruit Kolsch — and is home to the province’s youngest brew master. Pick up a growler in their retail shop, that way you’ll always have a reason to return!