Located on the beautiful shores of Lake Nippissing, North Bay is so much more than cottage country. There’s a growing local food scene and a slew of outdoor adventuring to be had for those willing to look for it.
Here’s where we’d go and what we’d eat for a Perfect Weekend in North Bay!
1. New Ontario Brewing Company is North Bay�s first craft brewery and the first local brewery since the original brewery located on the Lake Nipissing waterfront burned down in 1915. It’s definitely worth a visit!
2. For lunch or dinner or both, we always make a point to stop at White Owl Bistro. Whether it’s whitefish or bison or foraged things, there’s always a great taste of Northern Ontario on the menu at this Feast On Certified spot.
3. North Bay is all about the outdoor adventuring. We love the trails leading up to Duchesnay Falls. In the summer months, it’s a great lace to dip your toes in, but in the fall, the colours are spectacular!
5. The best way to get a taste of the area is always the local farmers’ market. The North Bay Farmers� Market is the place to be for plants, homemade preserves and fresh baked goods. It’s located behind the North Bay Bus Terminal; corner of Wyld and Oak Street and runs every Saturday and Wednesday, rain or shine!
6. Are you a puzzle fiend? Look into UrbanQuest, touted as the best way to see North Bay in under 2 hours. It’s a race style game you can play right in the city — and a great way to discover some of the areas history and hidden gems!
For things to see and do in Northern Ontario, check out Tourism Northern Ontario!