Arguably one of the most picturesque places in Ontario, Gananoque and the 1000 Islands is home to some seriously spectacular scenery. It’s home to two world famous UNESCO designated sites: the Frontenac Arch Biosphere and the Rideau Heritage Route, as well as helicopter rides, sky diving and some cool options for food and drink lovers.
Here’s some of the places we’d make sure to stop at for a Perfect Weekend in Gananoque!
1. Nestled in the historic Bell Tower Mall, you’ll find aptly Gananoque Brewing Company. They make terroir driven beers featuring locally grown, unmalted grains and hops from their own hop yard.
2. Breakfast lovers need to head to The Socialist Pig in town. If you’ve got time before your adventures, have the Waffle Eggs Benny — if not, grab a breakfast pastry (loaded with bacon, eggs and more — to go!
3. Lovers of theatre know that The Thousand Islands Playhouse has been called ?the most char4ming theatre in Canada.? High praise for sure, the heritage theatre is set against the scenic 1000 Islands backdrop making the stage even more engaging.
4. In the warmer months, we make sure to spend sometime on The Purple House Cafe patio. Grab a spot by the garden, order a Wauposs Cider and enjoy this seasonal spot a few hundred feet from the Gananoque Boat.
5. Avid cooks staying the area should book a class at Cooking On The River. They offer demos, classes and workshops where you prepare your own dinner from start to finish.
Find more to see, do and eat in The Great Waterway here!