What’s Cooking Bracebridge is coming up quick, which means it’s the perfect time to plan your Perfect Weekend in Muskoka!
Bracebridge is the heart of the Muskoka Lakes region. It’s home to a lofty set of locks, a vibrant beer scene and loads of wild food experiences for those looking to hit the woods. Whether you arrive by car, boat or float plane — you’re sure to have a delicious weekend.
Here’s where to go and what to eat as a local food lover in Bracebridge, Ontario!
1. The Bracebridge Farmers Market runs every Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m from the Victoria Day long weekend in May, until the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. For local goods, like smoked trout and fresh baked bread, head for Memorial Park on Manitoba Street.
2. Despite being a ‘small town’, Bracebridge boasts are over 40 restaurants! You’ll be spoiled for choice. Locals know that the Prime Rib at Old Station is not to be missed and for a really special night, there’s no better place than Riverwalk.
3. Before hitting the dock/fire pit/cottage, be sure to visit Muskoka Brewery! Pick up one of their super popular seasonals or stock up on classics like the Mad Tom IPA. You really can’t go wrong in their bottle shop.
4. For those who like foraging, there’s Wild Muskoka Botanticals Foraging Walks. These guided tours of the woodlands dotting Muskoka have you searching for herbs, medicinal plants and mushrooms in intimate groups with knowledgeable instructors. No two walks are the same, so plan to come back!
5. There’s a rich artist community in Bracebridge. Get immersed in the scene by visiting Chapel Gallery. Next, head for Let the Cat Go Art Studio for a workshop. If candle making is more your jam, we highly recommend relaxing at one of Rich Hill Candles making classes.
What’s Cooking Bracebridge is an annual culinary event that inspires amateur cooks of all skill levels to create imaginative dishes. If you are one of those people who shudder at the notion of stirring and mixing, dicing and slicing, don’t worry, you can still participate in this celebration of fabulous food every September here in THE BRIDGE.