There’s some seriously delicious things happening in London, Ontario right now. It’s a perfect reason to hit the road and visit if we ever heard one!
London is home to a community of seriously inspired food people. From small-batch roasted coffee to craft beer to artisan kombocha, there’s something for everyone. Make sure to stop by one of two information centres in town to pick up your copy of Local Flavour, their annual guide on where to eat and drink everything in town.
1. Air Canada just announced the longlist for Canada’s Best New Restaurants 2017 and Wolfe of Wortley in London made the list. Run by two brothers, Justin and Gregg Wolfe (who also run the popular retro diner The Early Bird), they’re doing fun meat-centric snacks like pork kidney’s with celery and blue cheese or honeycomb tripe with harissa.
2. Our love of Plant Matter Kitchen knows no bounds. After getting your fill of meaty-bits at WoW, head over to this vegan friendly eatery for a tofu scramble sandwich or hangry burrito deluxe.
3. London is home to five breweries, including a current favorite of ours: Forked River Brewing Company. For summer 2017, they’ve released a pretty delicious session pale ale called ‘Hop Salad’ all true beer lovers really should try. They give free brewery tours at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm on Saturdays.
4. In the mood for a cronut? Who isn’t, always. The Rhino Lounge Bakery & Coffee Shoppe at Museum London has ’em in spades on Thursdays. It’s well worth starting your weekend adventure early when there’s deep-fried croissant dough on offer.
5. After all that eating (and drinking), you’re going to need a little morning remedy. Rebel Remedy is a seasonally influenced, locally inspired, London-based juice company. In-house ethically-produced craft kombucha, cold-pressed juices, health elixirs, and mushroom tonics are just some of the restorative things you’ll find at their pretty shop — or Thursdays at the Covent Garden Farmers Market.