Goderich, Canada’s prettiest town. According to city officials, it’s also the most agriculturally productive County in Ontario. It’s no wonder then, that delicious things are happening in this little lakeside spot.
Here’s how we’d spend a Perfect Weekend in Goderich, the heart of Huron County.
1. If all mornings started at Cait’s Cafe in Goderich, the world would be a better place. Stop in for one of Cait’s famous croissants or stick around for something more substantial courtesy of chef Spencer Vail. You won’t be disappointed by this Feast On Certified spot!
2. Goderich is the perfect place to slow down and enjoy a good book. Stop into The Book Peddler and pick out a new favorite to read on the beach, by the fire or while enjoying a cup of tea in the coveted window seats at Cait’s Cafe.
3. Antique and junk lovers a like will love Dunlop Livery Antiques just outside of town. On our last visit, we spied a brass ships wheel, some seriously cool apple ladders and a nice collections of vintage tonka trucks! You can easily spend an hour perusing through this barn of treasures.
4. Don’t miss the forever charming Port Albert General Store. Self-proclaimed winners of every award and prize they can make up, it’s worth noting that the food is seriously great!
5. In the summer months, there’s a lovely farmers’ market in the square. After Thanksgiving though, we’re all about the Goderich Makers Market at the Huron County Museum. They also run DIY workshops on crafty things like making beeswax wraps and sewing.
6. For dinner, we’d head to the historic Benmiller Inn. There’s a little something for everyone at this Four Diamond awarded spot, but our favorite is the Maple Glazed Ontario Duck Breast!
7. We’d spend the night at Hotel Bedford, just off the main square. It’s a great homebase for strolling around town, and only about a 5 minute walk from the water. Speaking of water, don’t miss the Goderich Lighthouse. Facilitating awesome selfies since 1847.