Long time supporters of celebrating the best and brightest in Ontario’s hospitality industry, the folks at the Ontario Hostelry Institute have just announced the latest crop of Top 30 Under 30 winners for 2018.
Since its inception in 2006, the Ontario Hostelry Institute�s (OHI) Top 30 Under 30 program has recognized young talent in the hospitality and foodservice industries. Top 30 Under 30 recipients are chosen based on their success in their current roles, as well as what each one brings to the industry through leadership opportunities, community involvement, industry development and/or mentoring.
So, without further ado, congratulations to all of this years’ winners!
- Stephen Baidacoff, Executive Chef, Campagnolo
- James Bailey, Bartender, The Drake Hotel
- Jarid Barnes, Manager, Canteen
- Johnny Chan, Operations, Next Door Restaurant
- Imogen Christie, Sales Manager, Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale
- Scott Denyer, Head Brewer, Dominion City Brewery
- Cody Dodds, Assistant General Manager, Richmond Station
- Sarah Fiore, Sous Chef, Il Covo – Cecchetti e Vino
- Alanna Fleischer, Chef and Owner, The Edible Story
- Kathryn Gee, Front Desk Duty Manager, Sheraton Centre Toronto
- Sid Grover, Director of Operations, La Prep and Chaska
- Kathleen Johansen, Corporate Sales Manager, The Drake Hotel Properties
- Rachel Kvas, Research & Development Coordinator, Arterra Wines Canada
- Rebecca Lafferty, Manager Operations, Wayne Gretzky Estates Winery & Distillery
- Cassidy Lim, Sous Chef, The Chase Fish and Oyster
- Ryan Lister, Chef de Cuisine, Liberty Commons
- Jessica Martineau, Sous Chef, O&B Canteen
- Scott McInerney, Food Stylist, THP Agency
- Stephanie Mirabelli, Chef Instructor, Humber College
- Robyn Muise, Manager, Canoe Restaurant
- Joanna Muratori, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Two Sisters Vineyards
- Sheena Naidu, Senior Operations Manager, Kasa Moto
- Shreyas Nawkar, Executive Chef, Reds Wine Tavern, Square One
- Yatan Nizzar, Director of Training, Fairmont Royal York Hotel
- Bailey Singer, Restaurant Manager, 360 Restaurant, CN Tower
- Maggie Skelton, Senior Sous Chef, Planta, Toronto
- William Tolentino, Sous Chef, The Ritz Carlton Toronto
- Kylie Toner, Sales and Marketing Manager, Tide and Vine Oyster House
- Angela Villalta, Chef, l�unitA� Restaurant
- Brian Young, General Manager, LUMA
ONTARIO HOSTELRY INSTITUTE
The Ontario Hostelry Institute undertakes the task to recognize, reward, inspire and assist the best and the brightest of Ontario�s men and women who choose and excel in careers in the food service, hospitality and lodging industry in all aspects through our various programs � the two main programs being the Gold Awards Program and the Top 30 Under 30 Program.
Established in 1977, the Ontario Hostelry Institute grew out of a concern for the growing shortage of hospitality employees for the Ontario foodservice, hospitality and lodging industry. The Institute was integral in establishing the curriculum and programs for the provinces colleges to establish professionally trained personnel for the industry. The Institute continues to be involved with program advisory committees within the Ontario College and University system and also manages a nationwide scholarship program through the Canadian Hospitality Foundation.
The Ontario Hostelry Institute�s Top 30 Under 30 Program is the annual recognition program that recognizes and celebrates the hospitality and foodservice industry’s top young professionals in all sectors of the industry. We recognize the future generation of hospitality leaders who are and will continue to make a difference! www.theohi.ca