Ladies & Gentlemen, we are pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the 2014 Terroir Hospitality Symposium Awards!
Terroir is a hospitality symposium that brings together the big movers and shakers of Canada�s hospitality industry — people who are serious about the business of hospitality and who are looking to constantly develop their careers and improve upon what they do. Each year the Terroir Hospitality Symposium is able to present the awards of excellence in hospitality. In the words of Arlene Stein (Chair of the Terroir Committee):
?The awards allow peers to recognize each other for their contributions, as well as innovation and creativity in the areas of service, beverage and culinary achievement. A�Collectively, our continued goal is to inspire young and emerging talent, elevate standards of professionalism and provide recognition for those deserving.?
Canada’s hospitality industry workers work day and night to help make the country a friendlier, tastier, and more welcoming place for the rest of us, so why not help them get the recognition they deserve? If you know of any innovative industry leaders — including chefs, food writers, wine and food experts, and business leaders — who excel in their field, help them get the appreciation they’ve earned.
This year, the awards will be presented in six categories:
- Best Restaurateur in Canada (owner/operator)
- Outstanding Chef
- Outstanding Pastry Chef
- OceanWise Award for Advocacy in Sustainable Seafood
- Outstanding Service Professional
- Outstanding Supplier
The criteria for award nominations are as follows:
- Nominee must have worked in the restaurant industry for a minimum of 5 years.
- Currently employed in a restaurant in Canada that supports a regional culinary identity, through local food procurement.
- Must adhere to standards of excellence and service in hospitality as observed by industry and consumers.
- Have contributed to the industry through education, collaboration and mentorship.
- Recognized by their peers for their leadership and innovation and their contribution to the restaurant industry in Canada.
- Upholds standards of sustainability by supporting local producers, artisans and businesses.
- For suppliers and producers, they must have been supplying to restaurants that fit the above criteria for at least 5 years and must uphold the value of environmental sustainability in their practices.
Nominations will be accepted for all award categories, in an online format, for a period form March 1 � April 26th, 2014. Once the nomination process closes, a panel of judges will review all nominees, overseen by the Awards Committee Chair and the Award Sponsor. The nominations must come from individuals currently working in the field of hospitality in Canada.
Finalists will be selected and announced at Terroir, and the award winners will receive a whole host of goodies, including a certificate and medallion recognizing achievement, a feature promotion on the Terroir website, a feature promotion on GE Monogram (sponsor) website, and be part of a press release announcing the winners.
Don’t forget, nominations are open as of today and you have until April 26th, 2014 to submit the names of your hospitality industry heroes! Click here for the link to the nomination forms and get started!