Welcome to #LocalDishTO! Live Green Toronto and Feast ON have joined forces to encourage people to enjoy more of the fresh and delicious food that�s grown right here in Ontario. This month, we�re showcasing Ontario peaches!
This recipe comes to us from Feast ON Chef Kevin Durkee, owner/chef at CHEESEWERKS, in Toronto. Make sure you leave lots of room for dessert!
- 6 Ontario peaches, sliced
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic
- 150g each cream cheese mascarpone, ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Ontario honey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream if needed
- 4 croissants, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Ontario maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled cookies or granola
- whipped cream
- Grill Peach slices for 2-3 mins each side, for grill marks and caramelization. Combine sliced peaches, sugar, and white balsamic. Let sit for 10 mins.
- Whip together cheesecake ingredients until light and fluffy. Thin with cream if needed.
- Place croissants on lined baking sheet, lightly drizzle with maple syrup then sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Bake croissant croutons at 425 degrees for 3 mins until golden brown.
- In a trifle bowl or individual glasses, layer crunch, whipped cream, peaches, croissant and cheesecake mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.