This week, Agatha shares a spicy pork recipe that’s sure to put a spring in your step.A� Whether you use pork, turkey, chicken and tofu–Lettuce be first to tell you, they’re delicious!
“These wraps make for an informal and delightfully messy supper anytime of year.A� In the winter, stick to quick pickled root veggies and hydroponically grown cukes and lettuces–but come summer, feel free to spice things up with fresh market veggies and herbs.A� The recipe is indefinitely scalable to suit the size of your party–whether it’s two or twenty!”
Recipe: Spicy Ground Pork
Serve this pork straight from the pan with whole butter lettuce leaves, some kimchi, fresh scallions and some sauteed Ontario mushrooms for a feast fit for a Korean king!
- 1 large Ontario onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs ground Perth County Pork
- 1 tbsp cold pressed Ontario soya bean oil
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Ontario maple syrup
- Hot sauce to taste — Our favorites? Vicki’s Veggies Barrel Aged Hot Sauce for a lightly tangy kick or SupiCucu�s Diablo�s Fuego for a proper tongue numbing.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet, add ground pork.
- Once the pork is nice and golden, add the onions and let them sweat until cooked through.
- Add the black pepper, soy sauce, maple syrup and hot sauce. Reduce.
- Serve hot alongside whole butter lettuce leaves with lots of fresh herbs and quick pickles.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3
About Taste Tested
From the farm to the table, it�s easy to be inspired by Ontario�s endless parade of edibles. WithA�?Taste Tested?, OCTA�s staff are sharing their freshest finds and dishing outA�their favourites of the season. A�Come discover what�s on our table � literally!