On December 1st, we celebrated 29 years of Pinnacle Award excellence in the foodservice and hospitality industry with a big, BIG win for one of our greatest Feast On champions. Chef Jason Bangerter, Executive Chef at Langdon Hall Country House & Spa was named Chef Of The Year!
About Chef Bangerter
Jason joined Langdon Hall in 2013 and has since brought home a number of accolades, including a Gold Award from the Ontario Hostelry Institute and Best Farm to Table Chef from Canada’s 100 Best last year.
He began his culinary career in Toronto, Canada at George Brown College Chef School, followed by a three-year apprenticeship at Le Royal Meridian King Edward Hotel. Jason’s drive for gastronomic excellence flourished, earning him a much sought-after position as assistant to John Higgins, the captain of Culinary Team Canada. This role also led him to a short stint at Paris’ Hotel Le Meridian Montparnasse.
He soon headed overseas permanently to join the brigade at Mosimann’s in London. Under Anton Mosimann, one of London’s leading chefs, Jason quickly rose through the ranks joining the opening teams for the Swissôtel Berlin in Germany and later Château Mosimann in Olten, Switzerland.
In February 2002, he returned to Toronto, joining the team at Auberge du Pommier, within the Oliver and Bonacini group of restaurants and later helping to open restaurants at the TIFF Bell Lightbox – O&B Canteen and the more upscale dining room and lounge Luma.
In the fall of 2013 he accepted the position of Executive Chef at Langdon Hall Country House Hotel and Spa in Cambridge. The restaurant has long been known for its regional cuisine, using the 75 acre estate that it sits upon as inspiration for the menus. A chefs kitchen garden, honey and foraging for wild edibles all on site, allow the menus of the award winning dining room to offer the freshest ingredients to guests.
Full list of 2017 Pinnacle Award Winners
- Company of the Year: Browns Restaurant Group
- Regional Company of the Year: Aroma Espresso Bar
- Independent Restaurateur of the Year: Janet Zuccarini
- Chef of the Year: Jason Bangerter, Langdon Hall
- Supplier of the Year: McCain Foods
- Rosanna Caira Lifetime Achievement Award: Donald Ziraldo, Inniskillin Wines/Ziraldo Winery.
- Company of the Year – Sandman Hotel Group
- Company of the Year – Regional: Drake Hotel Properties
- Hotelier of the Year: Christophe Le Chatton, Omni King Edward Hotel
- Supplier of the Year: Foodbuy Canada
About The Pinnacle Awards
The Pinnacle Awards are the foodservice and hospitality industry’s only national recognition program. The awards program was launched in 1988.