Have you heard? We’re hosting a series of special #FeastOn dinners with U-Feast this year. No one knows how to host a memorable dinner better!
This first all-Ontario experience will feature specially selected pasture raised, traceable beef and chicken by VG Meats, expertly prepared by Executive Chef Jesse Vallins of Maple Leaf Tavern.
Chef Jesse is well known around Toronto as one of the most awarded sausage makers in town. One of the highlights of the night will be a very special sausage tasting lead by chef Jesse, using a variety of Ontario raised beef.
To kick off backyard barbeque season, we went to our friends at U-Feast for some tips on how to throw the best dinner party. Here’s what they came up with!
1. Little details go a long way. Table settings, lighting, music and accessories show that thought was put into your dinner party
2. If you can make it from scratch, do it!
3. Dishes with an interactive component can help to bring everyone together and liven the vibe
4. Thoughtful drink pairings are appreciated (and don’t run out of ice)
5. Themed nights bring cohesion to the night, and are especially helpful guides if others are chipping in on some elements of the evening
6. A follow-up note on music a�� it really creates a vibe and acts as a potential conversation point during the “lulls”
7. The importance of mixing guests up and getting to know new people
8. Hot food should be hot a�� please don’t serve lukewarm soup or room temperature tortellini!
9. Decor can make you look like a dinner party champ a�� add pops of colour, fresh plants or flowers and proper linens.
10. Highlight ingredients that are in season. Local is lovely!
Bonus: Prep in advance accordingly to alleviate pre-dinner stress!
Every week we host off-menu dining experiences and on-demand chef’s table dinners at the city’s hottest restaurants. Expect amazing food, great drinks and new friends. Find out more at ufeast.com